Thursday 11 June 2015

Marvel Pull List - Week of June 17th, 2015



Congrats Avengers - Time Runs Out Vol. 4 you're the Hardcover Highlight this week by default. I read that this is the final volume collecting Jonathan Hickman's "legendary", (I've never read it - I can't judge), run with Earth's Mightiest Heroes.  The Avengers Vs. The Illuminati sounds intriguing, less of an all-out smash-em-up and more of a character changing saga; it also bridges the Original Sin event, (I covered some of that here), with the current Secret Wars. Sounds like some good, solid canon building stuff  to me. 



!!!DISCLAIMER!!!

All of this information is suggested. Sometimes books get delayed, sometimes they get cancelled all together. Most of the time the trades will be available. Prices are also suggested and subject to change at the discretion of the shop owner or the publisher themselves.

And hey, if you like what I'm doing tell your friends!  Give me a link, name drop me, plus 1 the posts on Google+ - it all helps.  And if you REALLY like me, (doubtful), then follow me on Twitter @TiberiusTaylor or just click this LINK.  Also, I started a Facebook group for those of us who aren't in to Twitter.  Thanks to everyone who does read, it means a lot - here's a bonus image to get you all fired up!



(apparently this is from a legit fitness book published by Marvel in the late 70's. stay tuned for more)


Fantastic Four Vol. 4: The End Is Fourever

I don't know how I feel about the swapping of "for" for "four", (ok, I do - I don't like it), but I've heard some internet spun rumors that Marvel is turning their backs on the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchises.  I initially assumed that meant in a cinematic sense, (because very few people talk about Marvel's comics anymore, except the nerds who never stopped), but this title has me second guessing that.  First thing I'm noticing is - I don't understand how the issues numbering works.  I'm sure there's a reason to it, I'm just not sure what it is.  The first three volumes have issues one to fourteen and the annual of the fifth series which all sound fine.   Then we get to volume four and suddenly the issues have jumped up to six-hundred and forty some odd.  I didn't find out why the issues jumped up, but I did find out issue 645 is triple sized and indeed the last story featuring the First Family of Marvel.  I guess negotiations didn't go so well between Marvel and Fox hence the cancellation of the comic just before the new movie comes out.  Some are speculating the series won't be back until after the film has been released on DVD and even then it may take a while.  On the surface that seems petty but who knows what kind of crazy crap Fox was trying to pull.  Or maybe Marvel was the one being unreasonable.  We'll never really know.  But for all of the fans, (as few as they may be since sales of the book were down all ready), this is a sad moment.  Even though we all know it won't last forever, (dead is never dead in comics), it still means an FF-less existence for the next while.    

SRP: $15.99
Contains: Fantastic Four (5th Series) #642-645 
CRD: July 7th, 2015

THE REST

All-New Captain America - Fear Him
Amazing X-Men Vol. 3: Once And Future Juggernaut
Captain America And The Mighty Avengers Vol. 1: Open For Business
Captain America - Epic Collection Vol. 16: Streets Of Poison
X-Men - The Hunt For Professor X 

Spider-Woman Vol. 1: Spider-Verse


Avengers - Time Runs Out Vol. 4 (HC - Premiere)

No comments:

Post a Comment